All doctors at this practice work on an appointment only basis.
Every effort is made by our doctors to keep to time but unfortunately we cannot predict emergencies. Our staff will make every effort to advise you if your doctor is running behind time either on your arrival or prior to (if major delays). We appreciate your understanding and patient at these times.
We acknowledge that our patient's also have time restrictions and we are more than happy for you to phone ahead to see if your doctor is running on time to help avoid any unnecessary waiting time for yourself.
- Acute injuries and illnesses will be given priority
- Patients requesting urgent appointments may be asked the nature of their problem/s to help assist staff with the triaging of these appointments
- A standard appointment is 10 minutes
- An appointment must be made for each patient needing to be seen
- Longer appointments should be made for patients presenting with a number of issues; if you have a complex issue/s; mental health issues, procedures, medicals or paperwork for completion.
- If you are requiring a longer appointment please ensure that you notify reception staff of this at the time of making of your appointment, if you are unsure please give a brief outline of your problem to our friendly staff to enable them to ensure you are booked for the appropriate amount of time with the doctor.
- Did you know? If every patient took an extra 4 minutes more on their booked appointment time, this can cause the doctor to be up to 2 hours late over the day.
- A Non Attendance fee for missed appointment may apply - this is at the doctor's discretion. 4 hours notice of cancellation or re scheduling is required, (24 hours for dietitian appointments.
- For an Appointment Phone: (07) 3390 5500
New Patients Accepted